There will be five $1000 scholarships given out each year. They will be awarded to students who have met the scholarship policy criteria.
Scholarships will not be given out by geographical boundaries but rather on the merit of the applicant’s contributions to student leadership in Canada.
- Be enrolled in their senior year in a Canadian high school that is currently a member of CSLA. Membership information is available on this website.
- Have a minimum average of 70% in their graduating year.
- Plan to attend an accredited Canadian post secondary institution.
- Have made a superior contribution to Canadian students through membership in planning committees of major regional, provincial and or national student leadership initiatives recognized by CSLA.
- Have made a significant contribution to student leadership initiatives in their home community.
Applicants must submit:
- A completed application form to the Executive Director of CSLA by April 25, 2014.
- A resumé.
- List of leadership activities completed in their high school years. Applicant must indicate level of participation for each activity.
- Transcript of marks for their senior grades.
- Personal narrative on their leadership experience and example(s) of how they have made a positive difference in their school and community (500 words minimum).
- Letter of reference from conference chairperson or leadership advisor. Submit in a sealed and signed envelope to: Bill Conconi at 2460 Tanner Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 5R1
- Proof of application to post secondary institution.
to download the scholarship application form.